Validated cardiovascular phenotyping techniques
Our extensive experience provides consistent results using validated techniques with little experimental variation. Investigators can begin projects with knowledge of the expected physiology and functional consequences in a variety of mouse strains.
We routinely meet with investigators to discuss experimental design to help assess which procedure answers the investigator’s proposed questions. We are willing to tailor our skills to meet individual investigators’ needs.
To perform in-depth analysis of the mouse heart and circulatory system in both normal and disease states, we employ state-of-the-art modalities including:
- VisualSonics Vevo 3100 cardiac echocardiography system
- Microsurgical operating room containing surgical microscopes, rodent ventilators, and warming apparatus, and INDUS ECG monitoring systems
- Scisense instrument system for cardiac catheterization
- Telemetric ambulatory ECG, blood pressure and temperature monitoring systems
- Treadmill system for assessment of exercise responses
- Equipment for tissue perfusion and fixation
- Data analysis of regional abnormalities post-ischemia/reperfusion
- Rooms dedicated for echocardiography, exercise studies, and hemodynamic evaluations
- Rooms dedicated to overnight housing for telemetric monitoring and surgical recovery
Extensive options available to academia and industry
Services are available to all Washington University investigators as well as investigators at other institutions and from industry. Browse each service line to view the procedures offered and data output provided.